Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland




My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew




When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's see, I recognize Levi, but who are the other two?

Braden and Sadie said...

When it comes to looks Levi is all Heywood. He looks just like Braden! My Mom calls Levi "Dallin's face-sake" because he so much like him. They even have the same feet.

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Having the same feet has gotta make it hard to walk. They have surgeons that can fix that now.

johnsun said...

My dad is dumb.
Why is Hal strangling Courtney, was she being naughty?
Great pic. John

johnsun said...

The SLEEPER HOLD! ARRRRR!

Anonymous said...

I did the sleeper hold on dad once. But he was already asleep so it had nil effects.